Across the Rann-5

"When a woman meets his man, she would follow him endlessly without getting tired, because she does all this with love. We do not do this out of any compulsion and we are not sacrificing, as many people think. We are like water and we merely adapt to everything we call home and family, whether it is our first or second family. We have changed three cities and I am always with him."
Two more days, they shared, cared, got lost and found the way twice or thrice, then went home, to Roohab's home. She met Rimil and his beautiful mother who no longer seemed like she was a Muslim, she looked very much, Roohab's mother.
Promises were made and Meher, knew these were real promises which would no fade with passage of  time.
"Now, I know, had I no been fortunate enough to find Sid, I would have found you and your home, and I now know I would not have died amongst strangers, I would have died and my broker could bury me. I would have died in peace. See God is kind, even here and I was destined to meet you all."
She gave almost 10000 pounds to her mother, and the telescope to Rimil and her water bottle, to Roohab.
Even, now they keep in touch and as promised she returned for valley of flowers and Hemkund Sahib, accompanied by her husband and son. The money, they used to build a good home in the Rann. Roohab's mother no longer worked and his father used some money to get a higher rank. He was to marry Rimil in another year and life seemed perfect as she went home and shared her pictures with her sister and mother who could no longer do anything else but listen in silence.

Comments

Popular Posts