Across the Rann-2

"Ohh, you don't know also. Actually, both are in Uttarakhand (UK) as we call it."
"You mean in the north of India, I have seen Nanda Devi, I have been to Audi in U.K. It hosts skiing competitions."
"Yes, madam, when I am not here, I am working there, if you want to see some more stars, I can take you closer to Nanda Devi. The higher you go, the bigger and clearer the stars, our Milky Way is very well visible and some constellations as well."
"Wow, you know so much. I am impressed."
Roohab blushed like a girl, he liked being praised but not for his knowledge which was a free gift to all those who walked the road with him.
"You are going to share three days of your life with me and I would share three days with you. It is very important that we share knowledge and help each other survive better in this big, bad scary world," he expanded his eyes all across to express himself, he was so lean that skin touched his face like a thin plastic over his veins, nerves and bones. He did not look hollow but looked emaciated.
"All can go there?"
"Yes mam, all can go. You know Sikhism? The last guru of the Sikhs, Guru Govind Singh meditated there and attained wisdom. All are allowed in gurudwara, temple of Punjabis. They go to Golden temple and Henkund Sahib."
"Ohh, I see, I have read about the gurus, but not so much, in details."
"Yes, yes I understand."
"Which all religions do you know more."
"About Islam, my mother taught me Aman and she was a Muslim, before eloping with my father, a Hindu. She ran from Sindh and is in Kutch now, happy in her home. She is a woman of ethereal beauty and my father says that her colour matches the white salty sand and the day she came to Kutch, it rained, and they knew she was a blessing, and then the Rann accepted her as her own daughter till this day. She was an orphan and stayed with her maternal uncle, suffered, was humiliated and was almost sold off to a rich Shah of Iran when my father set his eyes on her and ran back with her, she is dead for them but here she lives and thrives. I also know about Judaism, Parsis. I love Parsi fish and rice, I had a Parsi friend here and I used to celebrate Navroz with great joy. He is a guide in north and north eastern India, when I go to valley of flowers, I meet him always. I know about paganism, nature worshipping by local aboriginals, Hinduism and Sufism. There is a Sufi peer who lives at the doongar, I like to sit with him, he is so peaceful. That's all. I have heard about Kabbalah, and some few more."
"Okay, not bad, you know more than me about religion."
"I was searching my spirit and then I met the girl who took my breath away and she is a Parsi, so to impress her now I learned all the religions, and now I know to be spiritual, I did not need to do so much hard work, but I learned that all religion is good and offer wonderful paths to our salvation and helps growth of consciousness amazingly. They are mere paths and now I know I can follow any, to reach the ultimate spirit."
"Is she related to your Parsi friend?"
"She is her neighbour, she is not much educated, but she is very spiritual and loves to hear my stories, she says I am lucky I can wonder so much."
"So, next year I will try to come down."
"Yes, of course, I will take you. It is almost at 13000 feet and you need to be a bit adapted to heights, then I can also take you to Leh, Spiti, and Kailash mansarovar, then to the highest saltwater lake in Nubra valley."
"Ohh, my God, do you even stay at home?"
"Yes, when I feel like going back to my mother or when she calls me."
"What about your girlfriend?"
"I know her since long, she became close almost a year, earlier we used to just be like friends, hi, hello, in Indian ways."
....to be continued.....

Comments

Popular Posts