Across the Rann-4

"So, are we lost?"
"No, not exactly, we are slightly deviated, to be very honest madam, I was following your stupid machine. Now, I have to use my inner compass to the mound, I have been there twice before, also, so I can reach you." He smiled gleefully, as if he was giving out some happy news.
"Is this trouble not enough for you to be a little more serious?"
"Does, being serious mean you cannot smile? Can't they go hand in hand?"
"No, not for me." She squealed.
Small blisters appeared and her burning reduced, she was already tired, the sky was crimson and the glow and hue was transformed from purple to red.
She already felt tired and weathered out.
The magical morning, she witnessed for the first time and meanwhile, the busy boy built the tent between the four small mounds and a huge salt rock above their heads.
She took a few photographs and witnessed a beautiful Venus, a common occurrence in the morning and evening skies every day.
Roohab came running, pushed Meher back and then peered through the telescope.
"Is it so beautiful?"
"Yes, now move your frothy mouth and your sticky brush away from the telescope."
"Okay, okay, madam I was just trying to help you."
"By peering through the telescope? Seriously? She rolled her eyes.
After the Sun was out, Shanno sat outside the tent, and they sat inside the tent, as Roohab munched his breakfast.
"You are married Madam, I can see."
"Yes, yes, to the man I love."
"Okay, now you are smiling madam. So, tell me your story?" Now, he was smiling even more gleefully, there was no more space left in his cheeks to expand.
"We met at an ice cream parlour and he seemed to respond to me, then a complete stranger to him."
"I responded too, out of my amazement, and before long I knew I loved him and that he was the one for me. I had not dated any men by then much, I was beyond all such ages, all my life I took care of my mother after my father remarried an English woman and moved to the States. My mother took up a teacher's job and took care of both of us. After a life full of struggles, she got hit by multiple sclerosis, so I took the load, my sister was growing, so I had to fend for everything. Now, I was looking for proper sustenance after mother, we would have little left, and we would need more to die alone somewhere between strangers. I decided to give up the current profession, and take up this, it would fetch us, both a good amount and ensure I could spend more time with my mother who would need someone in the years to come."
"Right there, he stood and initially I was not sure, if he would come and it took him some two years till I waited, and then meanwhile I changed my city, went further from his city which was located west of my city. I waited for a year more and then left, since I was looking for sustenance and I had to think about two other lives which partly depended on me now.
Then, one day he came and I have a son today and I am very happy."
"Wow! Do you think God responds to our prayers?"
"You should know better, had you been my brother I could have you all by my side every minute, you are a walking dictionary."
"I can still be your brother." He was again smiling.
"And I could always have that smile beside me."
"Madam, I can be here and you can be my sister always. We will be family then, wow! I can't believe I got a sister in the journey of my life, I have no sister, have only one stupid brother, whenever I saw anyone having a sister I felt jealous. Seriously, God listens I think. Will you meet my family?" He was now super excited, went out of the tent and told Shanno about the new, like a friend, in response Shanno munched and looked at Roohab from top to bottom once, then at Meher and looked away and munched in silence.
...to be continued.....

Comments

Popular Posts