25th Feb 2018
Contd..part of The EGO
So, another question bribes my mind to bring it to the fore-
Are, we moving so far, achieving such great heights due to our egos? Since, if you see animals, they are also using their minds to survive, their hearts to love and their bodies to thrive.
I would again like to illustrate the concept that animals do use their minds as much as we do, through a small example in the form of a story- 
"That day, I saw the Brain and and a beautiful mind in that animal, who lives with happiness till date.
I had just shifted to this new apartment. Now, there are many stray dogs and cats in this neighbourhood. There was this dog, a very ordinary street dog with black and white blotches all around the body. You find such curs, many in numbers.
There was this young lad of two live with his parents just beneath our apartment. He was a nice, happy looking kid, but had one problem, a big one. He would not eat. No matter, what you do to him, you can never make him eat. No  matter, what you do to him, you can never make him eat, leave alone a decent meal. Here, enters the dog, who is hungry and sniffing around madly for food. The do looks at the child and the child eyes the dog. Magic works. The child gulps down the spoon full scoop  from his mother. The dog stays and accompanies the mother who was growing happier each day, feeding more and more, both the dog and the child.
By now, even newcomers like us were aware of the child's improvements. The dog had found a home which fed him and loved him. But, I guess happiness and home are two words which do not come easily to everyone. So was it with him.
One day there was a huge shrill cry at the mid afternoon from beneath. The dog was hit brutally by someone, so much so that it became senseless, but, before losing sense, his sanity made him run a mile or two before he succumbed. When we all, came back home, we heard it from our families. A search was made but in vain. Then, one fine day, I happened to find him sitting by the road, almost  15 days post the incident. He had a huge swollen face, and one side was not functioning at all. I was shocked to see it, but then I saw a poor lady who came up and tied a wet cloth around his jaw and another one around the damaged side, with ice within it. She smiled at me, "I found it lying unconscious by the road. I know it, so I am taking care of it for the past 15 days."
He looked weak but he recognised me and wagged his tail weakly. I was overcome by guilt and remorse. Not able to bear it, I bought its favourite sweet and fed it with some ice cream. For the next three days, I fed it ice creams. After almost another 5 days, I saw slow improvements and another 15 days it was all well.
But, then again another day it vanished. Scared, I approached the old lady, turning back to me, holding the same ethereal smile, she said "It is journeying girl. It has to find a better place where it can be happy."
Almost a month passed and as I waded through the sparsely filled streets in Bangalore at five in the morning, I met him playing happily with another dog. Almost in tears, we both ran towards the other, and hugged the other with pure joy. It licked me all over my face, an old friend I was. It barked and took me to the new place where he was happy. After two years, I still find him wagging happily- "I am good." I wave at him in return.
Now, We Mugabe knowing that they can use their minds very well for others and their own welfare.
Often I felt that the animals are very well aware that humans have something which they don't have- EGO.
Many saints and great men say that they have no soul and henc no Ego.
But, now I beg to differ. A well developed soul is present in all of us, all sentient beings- humans and animals, but Ego is a dark wisp of misty cloud which covers our souls, the soul of "les miserables" Humans.
There is also one thing which I want to point out, here.  When all of us are created by God's, then it can't be said that God's created Ego only in us to destroy us. Well, it could also mean that Ego was never created by the Gods at all (then who did?). The dark and the Light co-exist and maybe there is no chaos at all, perhaps the chaos is within us which tells us that existence is only possible in separation and not in our union or unified manners. Everything that we saw, we have segregated and bifurcated- one which support she our Good and the other which supports our Bad- the Effervescent, omnipresent EGO.

Comments

Popular Posts