Mother Teresa and her thoughts as we met one sunny morning as a kid

Well, it was a warm sunny morning and I stood in a queue to meet her.

As the sun rose, I saw the crowd moving.

I was only ten, I looked at her face when it was my turn, her wrinkles ran deeper than my granny's.

She took my hand and my arm was as tanned as her's.

I smiled and even today, sometimes I stand in front of the mirror and try smiling the same way. I am sure I look more worldly today.

She asked me my name and she was the one who first translated it to "treasure of love."

"Beautiful, you are and so much full of love." She came closer.

"Remember, if you do not find proper people to love, love the ones who cannot repay you back. But, do not forget to love and always smile. World is so full of all maligned thoughts and intentions, remember to keep your inner mirror always clean, even if you are subjected to one such malign thought. No one can take that inner mirror away, and your love will clean your inner mirror. Life will be tough, married, not married, struggling, bad life, good life, lonely, battered, badgered, remember all will pass. Always be honest to those who are honest to you, your soul is true, it will always know the  honest ones, forgetfulness is a blessing in you, forget all the bad and you will be a fine woman.

"I might not meet you again, but do not forget me." She laughed slowly and placed her other arm on top of mine. My arm lay sandwiched between her arms.

"I know you would be okay, in this world, simple you are, mad you are, forgetful you are, if you do not find a guy, who wants to marry you, that is not the end of the world, do not get into the mire that runs when no man accepts a woman, put your heart to your mountains and do what you are good at, as and when you find some time for yourself." *****

Her eyes were like those of an angel's, I don't know how an angel would look, but I know how she looks and it must be the way an angel looks. I still don't know, how she held my hand and told me so much about myself. By then, even I had not defined myself. I have no idea how my little hand on her's could tell her so much about me. I never met her again, not even when she died, but I remember those words, and to keep these words stuck to my memory, I have developed an expanded memory.

These words would go to my grave.

Today, it seems like a dream when I think of that moment.

Did she foretell my future? Nowadays, I am thinking of her every day.

I have no idea if this is what I am moving towards, is every moment pushing me to this point? Am I facing all this madness to move to the point she destined for me? Is everybody pushing me to my destiny, the way she defined it.

*****Two lines of mother is kept to myself. The most private part of this conversation. She described  as to what I should do just in two lines, if my future does not move in the normal routes or if human population does not let my life move towards the normal routes.*****



Comments

Popular Posts